Check-in at 2 pm.
Early Check-in may be possible on request at additional cost of £50.
No charge to drop off bags and return after 2 pm.
Check-out at 10 am.
Guests will have their own key to the house.
Access is through the front door of the house and the stairs leading directly up to the top floor. Guests will have exclusive use of the whole top floor of our house and the roof terrace.
Guests use their own key and are therefore free to come and go as convenient for them.
We live on the ground floor of the house and we will respect your privacy at all times, but it will be our pleasure to assist you with any queries or tips and advice.
From London Gatwick airport, it is only 15 minutes by train to East Croydon + a 15 minute taxi to Crystal Palace; or 23 miles by road (in the direction of London).
From London City airport, it is approx 45 minutes by train.
From London Heathrow, it is approx 90 minutes by train.
From London Luton and London Stansted, it’s approx 100 minutes by train.
Free parking is available for one vehicle on the driveway. The postcode for the entrance to the house is SE19 2LA ; but the postcode for our driveway (at the top of Milestone Road) at the end of our garden is SE19 2LL.
Our nearest train station is Crystal Palace which is served by Southern Rail and also London Overground (with which you can interchange with the London underground at Canada Water on the Jubilee Line).
Whichever London airport you arrive at, please ensure that you buy an Oyster Card (travel card) and top it up with credit. The Oyster Card will enable you to travel around the city flexibly by train, bus, tube, and tram, and it is cheaper and more convenient than paying for single trips. Or if each person has bank card with a "contactless" icon, you can use that instead and it charges the same.
If arriving at :
- - London Gatwick Airport – you can use your Oyster Card on the train from the South Terminal at Gatwick Airport to East Croydon Station (takes 14-15 minutes, approx £3.00 - £5.00).
From East Croydon station, take a black taxi to our house (15 minutes - approx £18.00, total journey time 30 minutes);
or you can use your Oyster Card and catch a train from East Croydon Station to Norwood Junction and change for a train to Crystal Palace (32 – 46 minutes, total journey time 46 – 60 minutes).
Or buy tickets at London Gatwick railway station from Gatwick to Clapham Junction + from Clapham Junction to Crystal Palace (total journey time 50 – 55 minutes, approx £15.00);
- - London City Airport – you can use your Oyster Card to take the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) to Canning Town, then Jubilee underground train to Canada Water, and London Overground train to Crystal Palace.
- - London Heathrow Airport – you can use your Oyster Card to take the Piccadilly underground line to South Kensington and change for Circle or District Line to London Victoria. Then go upstairs to the rail terminal and get a Southern train to Crystal Palace.
- - London Luton Airport – take the 6-minute shuttle bus to Luton Airport Parkway railway station, buy a rail ticket (destination Crystal Palace), and then :
- take the train from Luton Airport Parkway railway station to London Bridge. Then from London Bridge station take the train to Crystal Palace;
or catch a Thameslink train to Farringdon, change for a Thameslink train to Tulse Hill, and then a Southern train to Crystal Palace;
or take a Thameslink train to Blackfriars Station, change for a Thameslink train to Herne Hill, and then a bus number 3 to Crystal Palace.
- - London Stansted Airport - you can buy a ticket and catch a coach to London Victoria and then a Southern train to Crystal Palace;
or buy a rail ticket and get a train to Tottenham Hale, come out of the station, and back in for the underground to take the Victoria Line to London Victoria station, and then a Southern train to Crystal Palace.
From Crystal Palace Station to Patterson Road:
To walk to our house, come out of the station turn left and immediate right into Ledrington Road, then cross Anerley Hill and walk down the road opposite called Cintra Park. Then turn first right into Milestone Road and walk uphill to the top. We are the corner house on the left-hand-side with a big wall around it.
OR if you have heavy luggage, come out of the station turn left to the end, cross Anerley Hill, and catch any bus one stop up the hill. Walk up to the traffic lights and turn left into Church Road, and then take the first left for Milestone Road and Patterson Road. We are the house on the corner with white and grey walls and black railings, with palm trees in the front garden.
OR you may prefer to get a taxi from Crystal Palace railway station [Station Cars – +44 (0)20 8659 9000, approx £5.00-£6.00] to our lodging.
There is a good website for checking travel within London called TFL (Transport For London) - https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/
Sorry, owing to potential allergen issues, not suitable for pets.
No parties or events.
We are offering the suite of rooms with a roof terrace as a Space.
Continental breakfast (in the fridge) will be regularly refreshed.
To provide guests with more privacy, beds are not made on a daily basis. Bedding and towels will be replaced on request.